Using Chemical Drain Cleaners
I’m not going to tell you not to use them. The idea of the chemical drain cleaner is that via a chemical reaction with the water the chemical drain cleaner will degrade the cause of the blockage to such an extent that it will breakdown and clear. You hope! The problem begins when the chemical drain cleaner doesn’t clear the blockage. Be aware!
- It will leave you with a shower, bath, sink or toilet full of caustic water.
- Potentially dangerous to your eyes and skin
- Metal tools don’t like it. (they might disappear in front of your eyes)
- The chemical drain cleaner will more than likely settle into a crusty substance, compounding the blockage
- Drain cleaners don’t work miracles
- And what is your plan if the caustic water doesn’t clear away.
Sometimes chemical drain cleaners are a plumbers best friend. Anyway have a go but I’m sure I’ll see you on the other side. I’ll be waiting for your call because I really want to help you get that drain cleared 0411 423 216
Click here to find more tips on unblocking drains and toilets